Kingdom Hearts 3: The Most Outstanding Game to Come

First-Hands On with Kingdom Hearts

This review is going to be the most straight forward response from myself about the game Kingdom Hearts. When I was wondering around Disney Springs in Florida, my family came across the area where they had set up Demo booths that allowed you to try two types of Demos which were Olympus (Fighting the Titan) and Toy Box (Toy Story with 7 mins. of cutscenes). I was able to beat both of the Demos with the time limit of 15 mins. so here is what I have to say so far. Starting with the Olympus demo, it kicks off with Sora, Donald, and Goofy running outside Olympus and seeing the Stone Titan from a distance which sets our friends off to climb the mountain hill to approach the Titan and defeat him. While controlling Sora, it felt very smooth, even great as you could evade climbing the hillside mountain as the Titan throws boulders at you while you climb. As you reach the mid-section of the titan and mountain, you will fight your first set of Heartless and here is where things get interesting. There are so many different ways you can play while in combat and the commands are very much the same with some special commands that allow you to enter Second form, Team up with Goofy/Donald, and other special events that I will not spoil. I did notice some frame drops with the PS4/Xbox versions of the demo when fighting the Heartless and using multiple commands at once, however it is a demo so I suspect it will be fixed by then. Once finishing the fight with the Heartless, you will fight the titan and unless hell upon its two legs until you are able to unleash your ultimate Special command which is riding a train thus ending the Titan. That was all there  was with the Olympus demo so no exploration however in the Toy Box Demo, it offers a large amount of exploration for users who want to enjoy looking at the aesthetics of the game. I will also add that this game seemed to have 4K enhancement as I did notice that the Xbox one X had a more sharper image in the cutscenes than the PS4 Pro but it is not that noticeable for me to say that Xbox one X is best played on. 
Big Hero Six world with Sora and friends.
 Once advancing on to the Toy Box part of the Demo, I will say that this is the first game that I actually did not want to skip Cutscenes as everything was perfect. The Lip-Syncing and voice acting felt like perfection and did not seem like the mouths of the characters were not in sync with what was being said. This is where you will see the amazing toys of Andy and his room. It has one easter egg that I am sure most fans will appreciate as Rex mentions he know Yozora aka Sora from his other great games. The toy line-up in the start of ToyBox is Buzz, Woodie, Hamm, Rex, some Toy soldiers, and even Mr. Potato heads kids the aliens "ooooooooh". After seeing some of the cutscene of what is happening with Andy, Molly, and all the other toys that are missing, Heartless appear and the fight continues. If you are a die-hard fan of Kingdom Hearts, you may remember Donald mentioning that the Kingdom of Mickey must maintain Order meaning not giving too much information of themselves that may corrupt or destroy the world peace. Playing in Toy Box, the players have more choices of Keyblades to use than Olympus, you are able to use your Pirates of the Caribbean Keyblade and Toy Story as well. If you are interested in what it looks like then you will be happy to know that the image below will show a better picture vs. myself writing about it. 
TOY STORY KEYBLADE 
To summarize what I thought of the game thus far, it would be an understatement to say that I will mostly have to take more time off then needed as this game has a bunch to offer. They did have various editions and figures that you can purchase on Select Retailers and I will say that the Collector's edition is very cool to have however not worth the money. If I am going to buy a Collector's edition of Kingdom Hearts then it should come with a Keyblade and the game and other items should be where the hilt is. Lastly, where it stands right now is near perfect because I actually did not notice any bugs/glitches in the game as I did try to do things that may cause issue such as clipping but it did held up great, the only thing that I notice was the Frame-rate dropage and that was with both systems. I will say that if you are new to this game and wanting something to enjoy for quite some time then definitely add this game to your collection as Kingdom Hearts will be the most game I play for 2019.

Comments

Popular Posts